2nd Engineer Brigade, A-1-378

2nd Engineer Brigade, A-1-378

Description/Blazon
On a white oval within a blue orle is superimposed a red sea horse naiant edged with a 1/8 inch (.32 cm) white border. Attached above the oval is a white arc tab inscribed "SECOND" in red letters. The overall dimensions are 2 15/16 inches (7.46 cm) in height and 2 9/16 inches (6.51 cm) in width.
Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved as a pocket insignia for the Engineer Amphibious Command on 23 October 1942. It was redesignated as the shoulder sleeve insignia for members of Engineer Special Brigades in lieu of the shoulder sleeve insignia prescribed in paragraph 56a(15), AR 600-40, 31 March 1944, for members of all amphibian units by directive of Secretary of War-Disposition Form WDGPA 421, 12 June 1946. (At this time the insignia listed in 1a was worn by members of the Second Engineer Special Brigade on the left pocket). The insignia was reassigned as the shoulder sleeve insignia to be worn by the 2d Engineer Special Brigade on 11 March 1947. It was expanded to include approval for wear by the 409th Engineer Special Brigade on 20 March 1951. It was authorized for all Engineer Special Brigades on 26 October 1951. The insignia was redesignated for the Engineer Special Brigades and Amphibious Support Brigades on 16 June 1953. It was redesignated for the Engineer Amphibious Support Commands on 20 January 1958. It was amended to correct the description on 24 February 1958. The insignia was redesignated effective 16 September 2011, for the 2d Engineer Brigade.

(TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-378)

Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...