96th Regional Support Command, A-1-143

96th Sustainment Brigade

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia

Description

Two squares, 1 1/8 inches (2.86cm) on a side, placed with long axes vertical, dexter square white, one quarter covered with sinister side square blue, upon a six-sided olive drab polygon, diagonal sides parallel to square. The white square to be worn to dexter. The overall dimensions are 2 inches (5.08cm) in height by 2 7/8 inches (7.30cm) in width.

Symbolism

The 96th Division was organized from personnel of Oregon and Washington and was represented by the two squares. The squares were made white and blue, signifying the colors used by the United States.

Background

The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the 96th Division on 14 February 1927. It was redesignated for the 96th Infantry Division on 1 August 1942. The insignia was redesignated for the 96th Command Headquarters (Divisional) on 26 July 1963. On 22 April 1968, it was authorized for the 96th U.S. Army Reserve Command. It was reassigned and authorized for the U.S. Army 96th Regional Support Command on 16 April 1996. The insignia was redesignated for the 96th U.S. Army Regional Readiness Command effective 16 July 2003. It was redesignated effective 17 September 2008, for the 96th Sustainment Brigade.  (TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-143)

Information & Plaques
Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!
 

Loading...