99th Regional Support Command, A-1-146

99th Regional Support Command, A-1-146

Description/Blazon
A shield 2 1/2 inches (6.35cm) in height, Sable a fess chequy Argent and Azure, all within a 1/8 inch (.32cm) green border.
Symbolism
Black is symbolic of the iron district of Pennsylvania; the band of white and blue squares is from the arms of William Pitt for whom Pittsburgh was named.
Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally authorized for the 99th Division on 21 May 1923. It was reassigned and authorized on 22 April 1968, for the 99th U. S. Army Reserve Command. On 16 April 1996, it was reassigned and authorized for the U.S. 99th Regional Support Command. It was amended to revise the description and add a symbolism on 6 December 1998. The insignia was redesignated for the U.S. Army 99th Regional Readiness Command effective 16 July 2003. It was redesignated effective 17 September 2008, for the 99th Regional Support Command.
(TIOH Drawing Number A-1-146)
Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...