Army National Guard, Wyoming, A-1-186

Army National Guard, Wyoming, A-1-186

Description/Blazon
On a blue rectangle within a 1/8 inch (.32 cm) yellow border 2 5/8 inches (6.67 cm) in width and 2 inches (5.08 cm) in height overall, a galloping horse and rider, both yellow.
Symbolism
The colors blue and gold refer to the fact that Wyoming was a part of the Louisiana Purchase and once belonged to France. The horse and rider, having played a vital role in the settling, development, and defense of the State, are a well-known symbol of Wyoming.
Background
The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, Wyoming National Guard on 25 February 1953. It was redesignated for Headquarters, State Area Command, Wyoming Army National Guard on 30 December 1983. The insignia was redesignated for the Wyoming Army National Guard Element, Joint Force Headquarters and amended to update the description effective 1 October 2003.

(TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-186)

Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...