Army National Guard, North Dakota, A-1-171

Army National Guard, North Dakota, A-1-171

Description/Blazon

On a blue shield 2 3/8 inches (6.03 cm) in width by 2 1/2 inches (6.35 cm) in height, a sheaf of three white arrows armed and flighted red behind a stringed yellow bow with red grip, above a wreath of six twists alternating yellow and blue.
Symbolism

The three arrows and the bow are from the Seal of the State. The territory was originally a part of the Louisiana Purchase and the twists of the wreath are accordingly, gold and blue.

Background

The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, North Dakota National Guard on 3 April 1950. It was redesignated on 30 December 1983, for Headquarters, State Area Command, North Dakota Army National Guard. The insignia was redesignated for the North Dakota Army National Guard Element, Joint Force Headquarters and amended to update the description and add a symbolism effective 1 October 2003.

(TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-171)

Army National Guard, North Dakota, A-1-171 Spec Sheet PDF

Information & Plaques Courtesy of The Institute of Heraldry!!

Loading...