326th Engineer Battalion, "Sapper Eagles"

326th Engineer Battalion 
"Sapper Eagles
"
Constituted 23 July 1918 in the National Army as the
326th Engineers and assigned to the 101st Division

(101st Division only partially organized October-November 1918; demobilized   
11 December 1918; reconstituted 24 June 1921)

        Reconstituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the
326th Engineers and assigned to the 101st Division

        Organized in November 1921 at Milwaukee, Wisconsin

        Regiment broken up 31 March 1942 and its elements
reorganized and redesignated as follows:

        Regiment (less the 2d Battalion) as the 326th Engineer Battalion
and remained assigned to the 101st Division
(later redesignated as the 101st Airborne Division)

        (2d Battalion as the 890th Engineer Battalion, Aviation;
disbanded 11 February 1943)

        326th Engineer Battalion withdrawn 15 August 1942 from the
Organized Reserves and allotted to the Army of the
United States; concurrently redesignated as the
326th Airborne Engineer Battalion and activated at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana

        Inactivated 30 November 1945 in France

        Consolidated 18 June 1948 with the 49th Engineer Combat Battalion
(see ANNEX) and consolidated unit redesignated as the
49th Airborne Engineer Battalion, an element of the 101st Airborne Division

        Allotted 25 June 1948 to the Regular Army

        Activated 6 July 1948 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky

        Inactivated 29 April 1949 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky

        Activated 25 August 1950 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky

        Inactivated 1 December 1953 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky

        Activated 15 May 1954 at Fort Jackson, South Carolina

        Redesignated 1 July 1956 as the 326th Airborne Engineer Battalion

        Redesignated 25 April 1957 as the 326th Engineer Battalion
       
        Inactivated 15 September 2004 at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and relieved
from assignment to the 101st Airborne Division

        Headquarters and Headquarters Company activated 19 October 2006 at Fort Campbell, Kentucky
(Support Company concurrently constituted and activated)

 

 

Loading...